I had the opportunity to volunteer some of my expertise today to help job seekers “tune-up” their resume at a “back-to-work” program run by a local church. Interestingly, even though I have over 10+ years of HR experience, even I’ve been to resume writing classes before to learn from others. There was a presentation from a recruiter and since I have performed lots of recruiting, there were some areas I chimmed in on too…then afterwards there was one-on-one sessions with the people…it felt good to give back some of my knowledge to these folks. Some seemed almost clueless on how to proceed. I hope my kernal of info helped them….
- Feedback and one’s career path
- What is this thing we call “advice”
- Employment Investigations: To Google or Not?
- Thoughts on Change Management
- Workplace Diversity – Transgenders
- Internships – Good ideal for some?
- Pre-employment background checks
- Social Networking in HR
- The “salary question” asked in a interview
- Does the act of leadership need to change?