Today, went to my 2nd TOASTMASTERS meeting (first since I was “officially” voted into the Columbia Center Toastmasters club (http://columbiacenter.freetoasthost.us/). Although I am not afraid to speak in front of people, I feel I am not polished enough, not that I’m boring but just feel I can be more effective if I practice. I sometimes don’t get across all my ideals or comments I want to say either. I have heard nothing but good things from several people so I am happy to be a part of toastmasters. My goal is to (try) and accomplish 10 speeches by the end of the year (i.e. become a compentent communicator).
- Feedback and one’s career path
- What is this thing we call “advice”
- Employment Investigations: To Google or Not?
- Thoughts on Change Management
- Workplace Diversity – Transgenders
- Internships – Good ideal for some?
- Pre-employment background checks
- Social Networking in HR
- The “salary question” asked in a interview
- Does the act of leadership need to change?