The other night, I checked out University of Washington’s MBA program and tonight, I went to Portland State Universitys’s graduate program information night. Not only do they have an MBA, but PSU also has a MIM (Masters of International Management), MSFA (Master of Science in Financial Analysis) and a newer masters program, in conjunction with OHSU called a MBA in Health Care Management (see http://www.gradbusiness.pdx.edu) for more details. About 60 people showed up to this info night event. The average GMAT score is 620 and last year, of the 170 applicants to the MBA program (not MIM or MBA in Health Care Mgmt), they sent out acceptance letters to 56 (32%). Hmmm, need to study for the GMAT?!
- Feedback and one’s career path
- What is this thing we call “advice”
- Employment Investigations: To Google or Not?
- Thoughts on Change Management
- Workplace Diversity – Transgenders
- Internships – Good ideal for some?
- Pre-employment background checks
- Social Networking in HR
- The “salary question” asked in a interview
- Does the act of leadership need to change?